Followers

Monday, June 17, 2013

Peach Cobbler For Cookin' With The Deens

 
 






This week's recipe for Cookin' With The Deens was Peach Cobbler.  I chose the recipe this week.  I love crisps, crumbles and cobblers; especially with a little ice cream on top when it's warm.  Yum!!

We decided to start our summer bucket list with one of the Star Wars movies last night, so this was our dessert while we watched.  Padme is so pretty.  Don't you think so?

I opted for frozen peaches for this recipe but I think next time I will use fresh.  My peaches weren't as ripe as I like them, so they weren't that soft.  Overall though, the recipe was great!

If you would like to see what Cookin' With The Deens is all about, take a visit to the site.  It's lots of fun!


Peach Cobbler

5 cups sliced fresh or frozen peaches; unpeeled, thawed and drained if frozen.

3 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar

1 tablespoon plus 1 cup all purpose flour

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces


1.  Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

2.  Toss together peaches, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, lemon juice and cinnamon.  Spoon into a 2 qt. dish and bake for 10 minutes.

3.  Meanwhile, whisk together remaining flour, baking powder and salt.  Cut in the butter until it resembles coarse meal.  Stir in 1/4 cup boiling water just until dough comes together.

4.  Spoon dollops of dough over baked peaches.  Bake 25 minutes until bubbling and golden brown.  Cool slightly before serving.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

laurie said...

That does look good! Can't wait till peaches are in season!

Reeni Pisano said...

I love warm cobbler with ice cream - especially peach! This sounds scrumptious! Perfect for movie watching.

retrorevival.biz said...

Oh my, does this look yummy! Peaches will be in season here soon and I'm going to make this ~ thanks for sharing:)